|We have included some frequently asked questions to help answer any questions you may have. If these do not address your questions, or if you need further support, please
and we would be happy to assist you.
1. What is the difference between the aLOKSAK and OPSAK bags?
2. Should I test my bags before trusting them with my valuables?
3. Do you guarantee these bags will perform exactly as stated?
4. Will I ever need to replace these bags? If so, When?
5. What is the life span of a bag?
6. What if I test the bag and find it is defective?
7. How long does it take to get replacement bags if need be?
8. Can I pour boiling water into the OPSAK?
9. Can touch screen devices be operated while inside the bag?
10. Can I remove the text on the bag?
11. Can I use electronics while protected in the aLOKSAK and OPSAK?
12. Is it safe to store metal items such as firearms in the bag for extended periods of time?
13. Are the bags heat resistant? Any sunlight exposure issues perhaps?
14. How do you determine the dimensions of the bags?
15. Can I order custom bags?
16. What are the quantities needed for a custom run?
17. What is the lead time for a custom run?
18. Can my company order in bulk?
19. Is there BPA or use of other harsh chemical in the aLOKSAK or OPSAK bags?
20. Are the aLOKSAK and OPSAK recyclable?
1. What is the difference between the aLOKSAK and OPSAK bags?The film. The aLOKSAK is made of a very durable film that is a bit softer than the OPSAK film. If you do not have any concerns about odor or oxygen transmission then we recommend the aLOKSAK. The aLOKSAK can withstand heat to 125 or 130 degrees. It can also withstand extreme cold. The aLOKSAK film will stay pliable and manageable to minus 40 degrees.
The OPSAK is a barrier film that can withstand heat to 170 degrees. It will only allow trace amounts of oxygen transmission.
The seals / closures on the aLOKSAK and OPSAK are identical.
2. Should I test my bags before trusting them with my valuables? Yes, but only because it is important that you know how to seal the bag properly before using them. It is suggested that you blow a small amount of air into the bag and then practice sealing them firmly but gently. Start from one corner of the bag and make a smooth seal across the bag making sure the tracks line up. Repeat to make sure there are no kinks in the seal. Submerge the bag into water and push gently on the side of the bag. If a steady stream of air bubbles appears, the bag is defective and will be replaced. We stand-by our bags, but we simply can’t ensure everyone will take the time to seal them properly or test them. This will be up to you.
3. Do you guarantee these bags will perform exactly as stated? Yes. When sealed properly the bags will perform exactly as described. Read through the Q & A section and make sure you replace the bag when it is well used as described in number 4.
4. Will I ever need to replace these bags? If so, When? The bags themselves are extremely durable; however the closure and tracks of the closure are highly sophisticated and made of a more pliable, softer film to insure 100% contact of the tracks. The closures are then attached to the body of the durable bag film. The seals will become worn in far less time than the body of the bag. Either the tracks/ zipper will detach from the closure, the translucent black closure will split or the closure will detach from the body of the bag. That is to be expected. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you replace well used bags before the seal becomes defective while in use.
5. What is the life span of a bag? There is no way to determine how often any one individual will use each bag, nor how brutal they may be with it. The better care you take of the bag, the longer the bag will last. The bags are disposable and must be replaced after extended use. Our bags are like batteries, Band-Aids, ink cartridges, light bulbs, lip balm, elastic gloves, …they have a specific purpose and a life span. When the bag is becoming worn, it is time to replace the bag.
6. What if I test the bag and find it is defective? Please call 435-649-9009 or
to obtain a Return Authorization (RA) number. Send the bag to LOKSAK, Inc. PO BOX 7127 Naples, FL 34101. You must have an RA number to return any bag and you must return the defective bag in order to get a free replacement. We do not replace well used bags. A defective bag will be replaced if returned within 30 days of purchase. Date and proof of purchase via a store receipt or paid invoice must be included with the defective product.
7. How long does it take to get replacement bags if need be? Once we receive your bag and find it to be defective, we will send a new bag out immediately.
8. Can I pour boiling water into the OPSAK? Yes. You can pour boiling water into the OPSAK to rehydrate or cook food. You cannot place the bag into boiling water.
9. Can touch screen devices be operated while inside the bag? Yes. All applications work on touch screens while protected in the aLOKSAK.
10. Can I remove the text on the bag? Yes. We recommend denatured alcohol. You can use other types of paint remover or finger nail polish remover, but we recommend denatured alcohol as it is the least abrasive. It will not harm the bags.
11. Can I use electronics while protected in the aLOKSAK and OPSAK? Most electronics can be used while protected in the bags, including making and receiving phone calls. Wireless signals are not diminished.
12. Is it safe to store metal items such as firearms in the bag for extended periods of time? Yes, however we strongly suggest you also use a small rust inhibitor such as a VCI (Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor) to prevent any rust from forming during long term storage. One source for VCI chips is www.theinhibitor.com.
13. Are the bags heat resistant? Any sunlight exposure issues perhaps? The aLOKSAK bags are heat tolerant to temperatures of 125 to 130 degrees. The OPSAK can handle 170 degrees. However, please do not expose them to the high temperatures that can build in cars with the windows closed, metal containers sitting in the hot sun, any place where heat will build with sun exposure.
14. How do you determine the dimensions of the bags? Dimensions are Outer Dimensions. The tracks of the seal are placed about ½ inch from the top of the bag. The bags are flat with no gusset.
15. Can I order custom bags? Yes. A custom bag is a required bag size that is not in our current inventory. It is a bag that requires a custom color closure, custom text, custom closures that can take a die cut hole, custom color film or a custom shape that will also include the addition of a custom tool.
16. What are the quantities needed for a custom run? The quantities are very high due to the blown film minimums of our film supplier. The smaller the bag the higher the quantities. Larger bags require smaller quantities.
17. What is the lead time for a custom run? Six to eight weeks. It can take up to ten weeks, but we try very hard to stick to six to eight weeks.
18. Can my company order in bulk? That depends. OEM / and BULK pricing is available. We sell bulk bags to manufacturers who want to enhance a product. We sell bulk items to government agencies, law enforcement, search and rescue, medical companies, and all branches of the military. Bulk or loose bags are not to be sold as stand alone items. Retail markets require packaged product.
19. Is there BPA or use of other harsh chemical in the aLOKSAK or OPSAK bags? No. Absolutely none! aLOKSAK and OPSAK bags are FDA and NSF approved. Material Safety Data Sheets are available.
20. Are the aLOKSAK and OPSAK recyclable? Yes.